The vines of Lafleur-Gazin lie on the edge of the clay-rich, central plateau of Pomerol, beside two famous neighbours: Châteaux Gazin and Lafleur-Pétrus. The vineyards are managed by Ets. Jean-Pierre Moueix, on behalf of their owner, Mme. Delfour-Borderie. There is a relatively high proportion of Cabernet Franc here (20%) bringing vivacity, the other 80% being planted with Pomerol’s classic grape, the Merlot. Average age of the vineyards is over 30 years, with a fifth to a quarter of the barrels being renewed each year. Like many Pomerol châteaux this is a small property, with just 8.5 hectares (ie 21 acres) under vines. This 2011 has rich, purple-red colour of medium depth, the nose being open and pure, showing pretty, raspberry aromas combined with complex spiciness. The palate has strikingly vibrant fruitiness, with harmoniously balanced body which flows evenly and alluringly over the tongue. The tannins are gentle and soft, the finish being complex, fresh and long (for drinking now-2022+).
2011 Château Lafleur-Gazin, Pomerol
£492.00 per case
(£41.00 per bottle)
Save 12% on a case of 12 bottles
18 in stock