The vines of Lafleur-Gazin lie on the edge of the clay-rich, central plateau of Pomerol, beside two famous neighbours: Châteaux Gazin and La Fleur-Pétrus. The vineyards are managed by Ets. Jean-Pierre Moueix, on behalf of their owner, Madame DelfourBorderie. There is a relatively high proportion (for Pomerol) of Cabernet Franc – 20% – bringing complexity and vivacity, the other 80% being Merlot. Average age of the vines is more than 30 years, with a fifth to a quarter of the barrels being renewed each year. Like many Pomerol châteaux, this is a small property, with just 21 acres under vines. The colour is striking ruby of good depth, the nose showing rich, ripe fruit and spiciness, very fresh. Palate starts well, with good structure, smooth texture, fine tannins and well-balanced, elegant length (for drinking now – 2025+).
2014 Château Lafleur-Gazin, Pomerol
(£45.00 per bottle)
Save 11% on a case of 12 bottles
105 in stock