The Mazzei family`s links to Chianti date back to the 11th Century. Today, their Fonterutoli Estate is seen as a pinnacle of quality, producing classic wines of style and elegance. The property is located 5km south of Castellina, in the heart of the Chianti Classico. This 2017 is a blend dominated by 90% Sangiovese, with the remaining 10% being a mixture of Malvasia Nera, Colorino and Merlot, grown on limestone soils. The colour is bright ruby, with fine, intense, floral red fruit aromas interweaving with notes of sweet spices. Ripe and supple on the palate, this is a finely textured, lively wine with good middle and depth. The tannins are silky and well integrated, bringing freshness and balance.
2018 Chianti Classico, Fonterutoli
£122.40 per case
(£20.40 per bottle)
Save 11% on a case of 6 bottles
48 in stock